December 30, 2009

The Indecisive Guy

I went out with a guy who was completely incapable of ordering something without the approval of our waitress. On our first date, we met for drinks. He asked the waitress to suggest a dark beer, but could not decide even after she was very helpful. She offered to bring him a sample. He didn't like it, but spent a few minutes discussing it's pros and cons. He got a second sample, and again took his time convincing himself that it wasn't good enough. He then ordered something completely different, which he liked...thankfully. 


On our second date, we went to dinner. He picked me up in his brand new car. He spent the entire ride to dinner asking me what I thought of it, saying it was much too big, and that he had bought the wrong car. This conversation continued sporadically throughout the night, despite my insisting that it was a perfectly normal sized car and a very good choice. 


At the restaurant, he asked the waitress her opinion of two dishes, and then ordered one. He asked her, "If I got that without the onions...would I be doing myself a disservice?" She says, "Uh...if you don't like onions...uh..." He responds with, "Well, are they..crispy? Do they do anything for the dish?" The waitress, who was very nice, said, "They're...cooked. They're...onions. If you don't like onions, don't get them." He says, "Ok, well, I didn't know if they like...made something pop. Like, the flavors or something. But, I guess...well, no onions." 


When we got our food...his had onions, much to my amusement.  



1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying these very much. I realize this is at your expense, so to speak, but you're young, you can take it. Men have not changed very much since I was on the market. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete